It is rich in fiber and antioxidants and contains a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. A rich source of vitamin K, it also contains vitamin A, the B vitamins B1, B2, B6, folate and vitamin C. In addition, it’s a good source of dietary potassium and sodium, essential minerals that your body needs. Note that sodium is not the bad guy when you eat the right kind and in the proper balance.
- helps fight bad breath
- is good for your heart; it can lower your blood pressure.
- is good for your digestion
- has anti-cancer properties; contains compounds that help prevent cancer and stop growth of tumor cells
- has anti-fungal properties
- contains anti-inflammatory compounds; it may help reduce joint pain and soothe the nervous system
- contains diuretic compounds; it is helpful with bladder infections and urinary tract infections
- can reduce uric acid levels and eliminate gout attacks
- may help migraines
Celery can be eaten raw, added to salads, fresh homemade juice or smoothies. Also, you can add it to soups and stir-fries. Eat it as a snack by itself or with your favorite nut butter. It’s nutritious and delicious.