Low Fat and No Fat products and diets are dangerous to your health!
This is the exact opposite of what you hear from most sources offering nutritional information.
The truth of the matter is that your body needs healthy fats because …
- are carriers for the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, K
- are necessary for the health and maintenance of the cells in your body
- provide the building blocks for your body to produce hormones
- are a concentrated source of energy
- are necessary for your body to convert carotene to vitamin A
- are required in order for your body to absorb minerals
- are satisfying so you can go longer without getting hungry
Insufficient fat in your diet can cause
- poor concentration
- mineral deficiencies
- weight gain
The famous Framingham Heart Study which began in 1948 set out to prove that saturated fat and cholesterol in your diet caused heart disease.
Six thousand residents of the town of Framingham, MA, were selected and divided into two groups … those who ate large amounts of saturated fat and cholesterol, and those who ate little.
The groups were compared every five years. After 40 years, the director of the study had to admit that “In Framingham, MA, the more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, the lower the person’s serum cholesterol… we found that the people who ate the most cholesterol, ate the most saturated fat, ate the most calories, weighed the least and were the most physically active.“
“The study did show that those who weighed more and had abnormally high blood cholesterol levels were slightly at more risk for future heart disease, but weight gain and cholesterol levels had an inverse correlation with fat and cholesterol intake in the diet.”(Source, p. 5)
So, what are healthy fats?
- organic coconut oil
- real organic butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- animal fats from healthfully raised animals
- duck and goose fat
If you haven’t seen this video produced by the University of South Florida, How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic, you are in for a real eye opener.